We've all heard the saying - "You are what you eat". Well, there is a lot of truth in this if you want to have clear, healthy, radiant skin.
Approximately 20% of women suffer from acne well into their 20's and 30's due to issues such as stress and hormonal changes. Although there are a wide range of topical treatments and antibiotics that can help tackle acne, there are a number of nutrients that have skin clearing properties:
1. Vitamin A: Vitamin A plays an important role in skin cell formation and is contained within most of the ENVIRON skincare products.
2. Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps to prevent premature ageing and promotes smooth, supple skin. Vitamin E helps vitamin A to work on your skin, thereby helping acne. This antioxidant is found in a number of ENVIRON products.
3. Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids: These are obtained from oily fish and help the skin to be healthier and less inflamed. Contact Madame Skin to get further information about ENVIRON'S Omega preparations.
4. Niacinamide or Vitamin B3: Vitamin B3 helps acne by reducing skin inflammation and improving the skin’s ability to be a protective barrier. ENVIRON'S C-Quence Toner contains niacinamide. It helps to improve uneven skin tone and blemishes, increasing hydration and promoting overall skin growth and renewal.
5. Vitamin C: This vitamin is a natural antioxidant and is needed for healthy blood vessels, collagen and joint health, and for reducing inflamed acne. It may help reduce scar severity after acne by helping to make new collagen in your skin. Vitamin C is found in a number of ENVIRON preparations e.g. ENVIRON'S C-Boost cream and ENVIRON'S C-Quence Energising Masque.
In addition, selenium, dark chocolate, monounsaturated fatty acids, lycopene and zinc are all beneficial for the skin. Protein is also beneficial because it plays a vital part in the production of collagen and elastin. These are necessary for youthful-looking skin with a good texture and tone.
Contact Madame Skin for specialist advice on topical and oral treatments that will deal effectively with your acne and deliver excellent results.